Social Networking 1 vs Email 0

Wednesday 18 July 2007


I have been saying for some time that this kids don't use email any more and I am often greeted with blank looks. Young people just don't trust email, and when they enter the workforce all they are given is email. I have been lucky enough to be working with social networking software in a business context for 18 months now can there is definitely a divide between young and old. Young people are amazed that they aren't given a blog and a wiki and an IM client when they join the company. All they are greeted with is "...and your email address is young.person@bigcompany.com".

Kids say e-mail is, like, soooo dead | CNET News.com
Just ask a group of teen Internet entrepreneurs, who readily admit that traditional e-mail is better suited for keeping up professional relationships or communicating with adults."I only use e-mail for my business and to get sponsors," Martina Butler, the host of the teen podcast Emo Girl Talk, said during a panel discussion here at the Mashup 2007 conference, which is focused on the technology generation. With friends, Bulter said she only sends notes via a social network."Sometimes I say I e-mailed you, but I mean I Myspace'd or Facebook'ed you," she said.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Robin Yellow at 23:47  

0 comments:

Post a Comment