OLED Heaven

Friday 1 June 2007

Apparently these OLEDs are 98 percent efficient, but don't quote me on that. What that means is that nearly all of the electricity is converted to light, so they are energy efficient and cool to the touch. Now if you combine large tabletop OLED screens with that Microsoft Milan surface computing demo they did the other day, then you could have something really interesting to play with during family breakfast.

*OLED Light* by John on May 31, 2007

Posted by Robin Yellow at 09:41  

1 comments:

I just put a post on my blog about OLED tech. If I remember correctly, there was a statement by Universal Display in a television documentary that put OLED's at closer to 100% efficiency, though I don't really see how that is possible. As you said, "don't quote me on that." I might not know what I'm talking about.
Too bad that their having problems with cost and life-span. I would love to see more applications around sooner than 5-10 years.

Anonymous said...
13 January 2008 at 09:56  

Post a Comment